To mark the International Day of People with Disability, we sat down with Bel, to get a bit of insight into her everyday world. We support Bel to live independently in her own home for and she’s been loving it! Recently Bel’s found a really good friend who is looking to make the move to independent living and join Bel as her housemate. This exciting change will bring more even more joy and connection to Bel’s life.
LN: Is there anything exciting happening (or has happened) at the moment that you would like to share with us?
- My friend Mon will be moving in with me which will be lots of fun because we will get up to lots of mischief!
- Next year I will be playing footy. I put my name down to play for St Josephs.
- I got a new pet lizard and his name is Mark Blitz
LN: What’s the best thing about living in Torquay?
- Going to Salty Dog Café for a cuppa and seeing all the dogs
- Going to the beach
- Seeing Geelong Football players around Torquay
LN: What’s your favourite thing to do on the weekend?
- Go to the movies
- Catching up with friends
- Going to the footy
- Girls nights
LN: What’s your least favourite job you have to do around your home?
Bel: Clean the toilets….. but I still have to do it
LN: What the best thing about living in your own home?
Bel: Cooking my own dinner
LN: Who is the greatest footballer?
Bel: Mark Blitz…… I met him at Salty Dog Café and he gave me his Cats beanie
LN: What is your favourite singer or band?
Bel: Ed Sheeran and Back Street Boys, I’m going to both concerts next year
Bel is lots of fun to spend time with and it is our pleasure to be able to support her in living her best life!