Leisure Networks is committed to child safety.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- Leisure Networks is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early and removing and reducing these risks.
- Leisure Networks has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all employees and volunteers.
- Leisure Networks is committed to training and educating our employees and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our employees. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our Board, employees of Leisure Networks, and volunteers or student placements to achieve these commitments.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000 and report to police