Leisure Networks COVID Update 9th August 2021
The great news is restrictions in regional Victoria are easing at 11.59 tonight – Monday 9th August 2021.
From everyone at Leisure Networks we hope that you are going along OK and have managed the recent two lockdowns as best as possible.
We know that lockdowns can affect how you feel about life and your mental health. So if you feel you need support for your mental health please reach out to your GP. Talking about how you feel is really important and can make a difference.
Our people are also here to support you to get out and about in the community.
So we now have different restrictions in place between regional and metro communities.
- Gatherings – Private gatherings are NOT permitted, intimate partner visits / single person bubble permitted. Public gatherings permitted up to a maximum of 10 people
- Schools/Workplaces – Open with restrictions
- Retail, Food and Hospitality – Open with restrictions
- Community Sport – Community sport is OPEN for all ages.
Metropolitan Melbourne residents will still only have five reasons to leave home:
- shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, within 5km from your place of residence, a support person can accompany if required)
- caregiving or compassionate reasons
- authorised work or permitted education, that cannot be done from home
- exercise (up to two hours, with one other person or members of your household and a travel limit of 5km from your place of residence)
- medical care, including for vaccinations or COVID-19 tests
- other specified reasons (specific exemptions apply)
Masks continue to be mandatory and must be worn both inside and outside.
It is still mandatory for all Victorians across the state to check into shops, including supermarkets, and all workplaces using the Service Victoria QR code check-in.
What are we doing?Community-group programs
- All West group programs will NOT be running (will be reviewed in line with restrictions in place)
- All Barwon group programs will be back up and running by Thursday 12th August. Our team will be in contact with you individually if you are part of a group program that is able commence prior to the 12th. Any groups travelling to Melbourne while there are the current restrictions in place will be cancelled.
Supports to keep you healthy, safe and connected
- 1:1 Supports
- Empower Escapes
- Online Groups
- SLES work placements
- SLES shifts
- For all customers if you need support to be safe and well at home including support to go and get your COVID vaccination please contact our customer engagement team on 5222 3911
We want you to be safe and to still feel connected – please let us know how we can assist you by making contact with one of our friendly customer engagement team on 5222 3911.
Support Coordination Services
Support coordinators are continuing to provide important supports during this time. If you have questions about your NDIA plan or changes in your circumstances, please call your support coordinator directly or our Customer Engagement Team ph. 5222 3911.
Financial Plan Management
Our Financial Plan Management team continues to deliver the same level of great service to our customers and processing of all provider invoices.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us
Our Customer Engagement Team are available between 9.00am – 5.00pm (Mon-Fri) on 5222 3911 or via email on [email protected].
Please don’t hesitate contact myself, or a member of the Leisure Networks team if you have any questions, concerns or simply want to reach out.
It is great to see the easing of restrictions in regional Victoria but please remember to remain COVIDSafe at all times. For our Metropolitan Melbourne customers we are still here so please do not hesitate to reach out and let us know how we can best support you over this lockdown period.
We are taking advice from the key agencies to ensure we are up to date with the latest information and will keep you updated if anything changes.
Take care and stay safe everyone,