The State Government announced over the weekend that due to the ongoing level of community transmission, the large number of mystery cases and a surge of new cases and exposures sites outside of metropolitan Melbourne, regional Victoria would enter lockdown as of 1pm on Saturday 21st August.
We hope that you are going along OK, lockdowns are not easy with many of us are feeling lockdown fatigue, we are constantly facing so much uncertainty so it is important to be kind to yourself and your loved ones and accept that it’s ok to not feel ok right now. If you feel you need support for your mental health it may be time to reach out to your GP for chat.
Our people are here to support you to keep you safe and keep you connected, including support to book and attend a COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
Please don’t hesitate contact myself, or a member of the Leisure Networks team if you have any questions, concerns or simply want to reach out during this very uncertain and challenging time.
As of 1pm Saturday 21st August there are now only 5 reasons for Victorians to leave their home:
Regional and Metropolitan Melbourne
- shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, within 5km from your place of residence, a support person can accompany if required)
- caregiving or compassionate reasons
- authorised work or permitted education, that cannot be done from home
- exercise (up to two hours, with one other person plus dependants if cannot be left unattended. The other person can be from another household and a travel limit of 5km from your place of residence)
- medical care, including for vaccinations or COVID-19 tests
- other specified reasons (specific exemptions apply)
Additional to these restrictions Metropolitan Melbourne residents have a curfew from 9pm to 5am and are not permitted to leave their home except for limited reasons.
Masks continue to be mandatory and must be worn both inside and outside, with face coverings only be removed to eat and drink non-alcoholic beverages.
It is still mandatory for all Victorians across the state to check into shops, including supermarkets, and all workplaces using the Service Victoria QR code check-in.
What are we doing?Community-group programs
- Non-essential community-based programs will not be running
- All face to face group programs are cancelled until 11.59pm Thursday 2nd September – (review at this date in line with the state government advice)
We know that many people we support and their families are needing important supports at this challenging time.
We are here to support you with the following supports and services.
Supports we can provide to keep you healthy, safe and connected
- 1:1 Supports
- Empower Escapes
- Online Groups
- SLES work placements
- SLES shifts
- For all customers if you need support to be safe and well at home including support to go and get your COVID vaccination please contact our customer engagement team on 5222 3911
We want you to be safe and to still feel connected – please let us know how we can assist you by making contact with one of our friendly customer engagement team on 5222 3911.
Support Coordination Services
Support coordinators are continuing to provide important supports during this time. If you have questions about your NDIA plan or changes in your circumstances, please call your support coordinator directly or our Customer Engagement Team ph. 5222 3911.
Financial Plan Management
Our Financial Plan Management team continues to deliver the same level of great service to our customers and processing of all provider invoices.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us
Our Customer Engagement Team are available between 9.00am – 5.00pm (Mon-Fri) on 5222 3911 or via email on [email protected].
We are still here so please do not hesitate to reach out and let us know how we can best support you over this lockdown period.
We are taking advice from the key agencies to ensure we are up to date with the latest information and will keep you updated if anything changes.
Take care and stay safe everyone,