Leisure Networks COVID Update – 17th August
Unfortunately the Premier announced yesterday that due to the ongoing level of community transmission of coronavirus in Victoria, the current lockdown across Melbourne will be extended for a further two weeks until September 2nd and a curfew from 9pm-5am will be put in place across metropolitan Melbourne which commenced from 11.59pm last night.
Now more than ever is a time to look after your mental wellbeing and self-care. We hope that you and your loved ones are going OK and are managing these lockdowns as best as possible. It is OK not be OK so if you feel you need support for your mental health please reach out to your GP to talk about how you are feeling.
Our people are here to support you to get out and about in the community in a COVIDSafe way; please also let us know if you would like assistance in booking and attending a COVID-19 vaccination appointment so we can provide you with the support to make this happen.
The restrictions in place between regional and metro communities are as follows:
- Gatherings – Private gatherings are NOT permitted, intimate partner visits / single person bubble permitted. Public gatherings permitted up to a maximum of 10 people
- Schools/Workplaces – Open with restrictions
- Retail, Food and Hospitality – Open with restrictions
- Community Sport – Community sport is OPEN for all ages – training and competition.
For full details on the restrictions please see here
Metropolitan Melbourne residents will have a curfew from 9pm to 5am and are not permitted to leave their home except for limited reasons. There is still only have five reasons to leave home:
- shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, within 5km from your place of residence, a support person can accompany if required)
- caregiving or compassionate reasons
- authorised work or permitted education, that cannot be done from home
- exercise (up to two hours, with one other person plus dependants if cannot be left unattended. The other person can eb from another household and a travel limit of 5km from your place of residence)
- medical care, including for vaccinations or COVID-19 tests
- other specified reasons (specific exemptions apply)
Masks continue to be mandatory and must be worn both inside and outside for both regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne, however now metropolitan Melbourne residents face coverings can only be removed to eat and drink non-alcoholic beverages.
It is still mandatory for all Victorians across the state to check into shops, including supermarkets, and all workplaces using the Service Victoria QR code check-in.
What are we doing?Community-group programs
- All West group programs are NOT running (will be reviewed in line with restrictions in place)
- All Barwon group programs are running, however any groups travelling to Melbourne while there are the current restrictions in place will be cancelled.
- Please note if you live in the Melbourne metropolitan area, you cannot attend our group programs in the Barwon Region.
Supports to keep you healthy, safe and connected
- 1:1 Supports
- Empower Escapes
- Online Groups
- SLES work placements
- SLES shifts
- For all customers if you need support to be safe and well at home including support to go and get your COVID vaccination please contact our customer engagement team on 5222 3911
Support Coordination Services
Support coordinators are continuing to provide important supports during this time. If you have questions about your NDIA plan or changes in your circumstances, please call your support coordinator directly or our Customer Engagement Team ph. 5222 3911.
Financial Plan Management
Our Financial Plan Management team continues to deliver the same level of great service to our customers and processing of all provider invoices.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us
Our Customer Engagement Team are available
Please don’t hesitate contact myself, or a member of the Leisure Networks team if you have any questions, concerns or simply want to reach out.
For our Metropolitan Melbourne customers we are still here so please do not hesitate to reach out and let us know how we can best support you over this lockdown period.
We are taking advice from the key agencies to ensure we are up to date with the latest information and will keep you updated if anything changes.
Take care and stay safe everyone,