How Can We help?
**PAGE UPDATED 02/04/2020 at 10:39AM**
We know this is a hugely difficult time for everyone in the community and we’re continuing to monitor the current situation to get a fuller picture about the impact coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on community sport.
Leisure Networks is working with our Regional Sport Victoria colleagues around two immediate priorities over this period:
- Supporting the sector to ensure it comes through this period in as strong a position as possible
- Doing everything we can to encourage people to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is now more important than ever.
We will continue to work with you to understand the ongoing and future impact of coronavirus and we want to make sure that whatever action we take has the greatest positive impact. So, we want to hear from you now about the issues you’re facing and to take on board these ideas and concerns to feed into our plans.
We know that:
- It will be difficult for your club, league or association to run and host programs or events as planned and retain member engagement;
- The timings of your season are uncertain;
- People in your community are likely to be anxious, and will probably want to be continuing with their sport participation; and,
- More generally, you may be interested in alternative operations to respond to the current situation and to keep your organisation going.
We are offering Leisure Networks as a point of contact for clubs, leagues, associations and individuals within Geelong. We probably wont have the answer straight away, but will commit to helping try and navigate this situation as best we can.
Please contact us [email protected] and let us know:
- How coronavirus is impacting you or your organisation?
- The type of help you think would be most beneficial?
Please keep in touch with us via the above email address as you or your club‘s situation changes.
Covid-19 Links & Information for Geelong Community Sport
- Australian Government
Department of Health current status
Victorian Department of Health & Human Services
- Sport & Recreation Victoria
- AIS / VIS / Athlete wellbeing
- Sport Australia: Community Sport Guidelines
Physical activity matters during this period and we think it’s more important than ever right now.
Being active in a way that is right for you, can improve your physical health, help manage stress and anxiety and just generally make you feel better.
We recommend going for a run, a walk or a ride on your own or with an immediate family member.
Also, check out your State Sporting Association’s facebook page, they’re sharing innovative ways that club members can stay in touch with their sport at home.