- This event has passed.
Power2Pedal is an 6 week bike riding program for kids & teens with autism
Power2Pedal is a fun and welcoming program, delivered in a safe environment where kids and teens with autism will learn and develop their bike riding skills. This program will also support people to build their skills and confidence to be able to include bike riding in their lifestyle, for example riding to school!
A key aim for the program is to connect people within the community together, to share stories, experiences and challenges, as well as make new friends.
We are offering two programs for:
- kids aged between 5-12 years old
- teens aged between 13-17 years old
The Program running from Monday 17th Feb - Monday 23rd March (6 week program):
- The program will be held at the Geelong Cycling Club in Belmont (on Barwon Heads Road)
- After school program running two sessions 4.15pm-5.00pm and 5.15pm - 6.00pm.
- There will be a sensory space set up at the club throughout the program
Outcomes you can expect
- From attending Power 2 Pedal you will:
- Build confidence
- Meet new people and develop friendships
- Learn how to ride a bike
- Make new contacts in your community and widen your circles of support
- Build your capacity to access local community and surrounding areas
- Bring you ideas and help to build the program
Who will lead the Power 2 Pedal sessions?
The staff delivering Power 2 Pedal are trained with Cycling Australia Coaching accreditations.
They hold a current Working with Children Check and First Aid Certificate.
The deliverers will guide the weekly sessions, giving group instructions and leading group activities.
Our deliverers have experience in delivering programs for people with a disability.
There will be a maximum of 7 participants per group, plus any individual support required (i.e. support workers). Please note that support staff are not organised through this program. Should individual support be required, please organise this through a disability service provider (e.g. Leisure Networks 5222 3911).
Do I need to know how to ride a bike?
No, that’s what the program if for!
Do I need my own equipment?
Participants are encouraged to bring their own bike and helmet if they have their own
There are bikes and helmets available to borrow each week if the participant does not have their own to bring
If participants bring their own bike and helmet, we will check it at the start of the session to ensure it is safe to use
Power 2 Pedal is supported by VicHealth in partnership with Cycling Victoria, City of Greater Geelong and the Geelong Cycling Club.
We would love to welcome you to the Power 2 Pedal Community!
Please contact Gretta Connell if you have any further questions ([email protected])
- Monday, February 17 @ 4:00 pm
- Monday, March 23 @ 6:00 pm
- Event Organiser
- Leisure Networks
- (03) 5222 3911
- Geelong Cycling Club
Geelong Cycling Club Barwon Heads Road
Geelong, VIC 3220 Australia