Support Coordinator (North East Melbourne)
Leisure Networks currently has an opportunity for a Support Worker in North East Melbourne (NEMA).
Are you a proactive, flexible team player with a willingness to learn within a supportive environment?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn, be innovative and make a real difference to the lives of the people we work with and their families.
The Position – Support Coordinator
Working in the Community Connections team, our approach to delivering support coordination is primarily within an office based environment, supporting individuals to implement and manage their NDIS plan and engage with a range of community, mainstream and funded support services. Support Coordinators motivate and encourage individuals to build and maintain sustainable relationships and connections within their community. Our skilled and knowledgeable team mentor and guide children, young people and adults with complex disability, health and social needs building capacities to ensure they get the most out of their NDIS plan and reach their full potential. Coordination of supports is a specialised service that requires active implementation and coordination of a person's NDIA plan across multiple mainstream and disability providers; whilst educating, mentoring and building the capacity of an individual (and their networks) to manage issues, achieve great outcomes and realise future opportunities.
We are looking for talented people who have:
- An excellent understanding of the opportunities and connections available to support individuals to thrive within their local communities.
- The ability to motivate and empower individuals to reach their full potential working within an outcomes based framework.
- Great organisational skills, are able to excel working both autonomously and as part of a multi skilled team and are confident using client management systems to record notes, write reports and plan work priorities.
- Confidence to utilize and engage with a broad range of technologies to enable varied communication methods such as skype, teleconferencing, facetime, social media.
- An ability to communicate and connect with people of all ages, their significant others and families, both in person and remotely.
- A proven track record in building positive working relationships and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and community partners.
- A commitment to being a flexible team player and who demonstrates optimism through periods of change and growth.
- Proven experience and confidence in disability case management will be well regarded, however is not essential.
Leisure Networks takes pride in being able to offer rewarding career opportunities, combined with a supportive, flexible and family-friendly work environment. Therefore this position can be offered as either part time (4 days per week) or full time depending upon the successful applicants' availability. The position will be based in the north east of Melbourne and will report to the Team Leader, Community Connections (Leisure Networks).
If you are interested in finding out more about these opportunities, please review the Position Descriptions attached below. For further information, please phone Pip Jankowski (Manager, People & Culture at Leisure Networks) on 0407 505 855.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate your preferred days/hours.
We are excited to be growing our organisation and are regularly recruiting. If you love the idea of working with Leisure Networks send your resume and cover letter telling us about your skills, interests and passions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We might not have a job right now, but we are always looking for great people for when that next opportunity arises!
Find out more about working at Leisure Networks and keep a look out on this page as we will advertise regularly.
Leisure Networks Association Inc. is a successful community-based not-for-profit organisation. Our vision is to see Capable, Healthy people and Inclusive Communities and our Mission is Connecting People with their Communities. We deliver a broad range of programs across the community sport, health & wellbeing and disability areas.
At Leisure Networks we value partnerships and we work hard developing the capacity to bring diverse organisations together so that we make differences in people’s lives. As a provider of disability and inclusion support we strive to be a provider of choice, ensuring positive outcomes and enabling people to be connected and part of their community.