strong, capable, healthy and active communities.
We will achieve our Vision by leadership in:
- supporting sport, recreation clubs and community organisations to be well managed, inclusive and sustainable;
- assisting people of all abilities to identify and pursue their aspirations;
- providing opportunities for more people to be physically active and healthy;
- increasing participation in community building activities.
To achieve our Vision and Mission we will:
- build the capability of individuals and groups to set and achieve their goals
- work with and through others committed to healthy and active communities
- develop partnerships and networks with government, community, public and private sector
- focus on the sustainability of programs and initiatives over the longer term
- act in non-partisan way at all times
- act against discrimination - treating everyone as “equal” and with respect
- be well governed, effectively managed and a sustainable not-for-profit community organisation.
Our Funding:Leisure Networks funding arrangements are with the Department for Planning and Community Development, the Department of Human Services, VicHealth and the Australian Drug Foundation. Such diversity in funding is a great strength for the organisation giving us regional coverage and significant leverage in being a leader in the development of a strong sport and recreation sector.